Friday, July 20, 2007

Chapter 8, Verse 3: Sewage & Sewing

Hello Space Travelers, it's been a while. Wonder where I've been? So do I. Truth is, I think I may have somehow already returned to Rolla. The last few months have been a little fuzzy, but with your support I know I'll be able to put the pieces together. I'll I know is that I have photos, and slight memories. We'll begin here.

So I'm here in Seattle, and I'm underground for some reason. I believe I'm on a tour. I remember the guide talking about how much of frontier Seattle was built on a hill next to the sound. This created some sewage problems. Later the street was raised, and the buildings were keep in the same places. This created some problems as one might assume. It meant that the street was above the street anywhere from 12 to 36 ft.
Timeout: Holy shit, Meghan learned how to walk on walls!
Ar first a series of latters was used. This was not very handicap accessible as one would imagine. The next step was extending the road to the building which meant that the second and third floors of some buildings would become in all actuallity the ground floor.
This was by all means a good thing, except that now there were all sorts of very dark and vary dangerous passages in which all sorts of vermin could flourish. Rats for instance were very prevalent that the mayor began putting a bounty on rat tails. It became a means to make money. but like all things, if there is a penny, there's someone who sees a dime. This ended when it was discovered that people had actually began to farm rats and kill them for money.

By the way, have we found those WMDs yet?As much as this totem pole is a sign of diversity, a closer look will just reveal more exploitation of the natives. This one is stolen. Shhhh... don't tell anybody. But it's "hard" to resist such a symbol such as this right? Turns out that frontier Seattle or as they would call it the "gateway to the north," and like any port where there are sailors, there are ... Seamstresses.At this high fashion kilt shop, no fucking joke, it was obvious that not all the seamstresses have left. As is turns out, not all the seamstresses were even seamstresses, or for that matter even men. Yes that's correct, when I say seamstresses, I am actually referring to prostitutes.

All this talk about hos got me thinking: Are the promiscuous over prosecuted? Halloween was last week and I was reminded of how women dress on Halloween. Think about it. No really take it in. Let the picture burn itself in. Now here's the kicker, a lot of these girls are the same girls that dress very conservative any other given day in the calender year.

Are they whores? No.

So why? Why then, why wear the costume of a seamstress if you should be wearing the costume of a Nun? I believe that the real costume is somewhere in between. Women today are being hit with conflicting messages. On one hand they are being told that sex is power, and scarier that its open expression is normal. On the other hand they are being told that sex is something shameful and even sinful.

So perhaps, a woman is comfortable with her sexual identity. Perhaps it's everyone else who is uncomfortable. We assume that everyone is either fucking no one, or thy are fucking everyone. When did sex get so black and white? Last time i checked, sex was a bit more colorful. In fact, in Japanese the word for "erotic" is "iroiro" which means "color color." I'm personally kind of proud of our Halloween seamstresses. If they were the nun costume the rest of the year and feel uncomfortable, I'm glad that there is an excuse to be expressive, even if for only a day.

To all the seamstresses, hope you had a great Halloween, and don't fret the haters.

Goodnight Space Travelers, and take it from me, seagulls are fearless trash eating flying rats with no off switch.

0 Bumper Stickers:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari