Friday, May 1, 2009

A Cheers From a Forgotten Blog

Greetings from Seattle Space Travelers. I wrote this on a old blog from some 4 years ago. I wrote it the evening I turned 22. A couple weeks ago I turned 26. I thought I would seek out and find it then repost it for everyone here.

A Cheers

Now at 22,
looking back
I see that my training wheels are off
and that I am finally a part of life.
So to those
who helped me
I give you
cheers.

To Jeremy’s departure.
If you had not left
I would have latched on to you
forever.

To the kids with razor tongues and spiteful eyes.
Not envy,
just destruction.
Because you made me
Hate you
and love
me.

To Smarts.
For making me survive
jealous love
Yet still laugh at all my
Desperate jokes.

To Kathy.
The first lamb
I
ever thought
I could
marry.

To Jose.
Because
you became family
and truly my
brother.

To Taylor.
A partner in crime,
A madman with
cap and a camera.
We could have been rivals,
We choose to be best friends.
Don’t ever quit.

To Corinne.
You told me
to do what ever it takes
to make myself free.
And I’ve been doing my best.
I’m glad you can swim
in the stardust
and sleep in peace

To the kids with shining wheels and the girls with the tight sweaters.
Fuck you.

To Steph.
For imagination.
For respect.
For love.

To countless teachers and counselors.
For not believing in me.
For the patience they denied.
For my time they took.
For every “F.”
I’ll still win without you.

To Sensei.
For commanding my respect
in my youth.
Not an easy task.
Thank
You.

To Dr. Toste.
Never my teacher,
just a grumpy old man
Never afraid to remind me
That I was just
another
asshole kid
dancing like jackass
on the paper thin stage of
life.
Thank you,
And I’m sorry,
Pot-luck means bring something,
I’ll never forget again.

To Meagan.
For innocence
For focus.
For near death.

To the bird.
For shitting on my car.
Or at least trying

To Dr. Fannin.
For exercising no compassion
For a 2ft yard stick.
Yeah,
fuck you too.

To every genius I encounter.
For keeping me sober and humble.
Because
I could be just like you.
But my dunce cap
keeps me warm

To Mother,
For the leather skin,
For the weapon of reason,
For the weapon of forgiveness.
I wield them well
And
Do great harm.

To Ismael,
You wanted me to be; to exist.
Thank you
for your
prayers.

To Junior Flores.
For training my ears
to the tune
of a sweet and low tongue
that speaks only artificial sweetener.
Still a donkey
with his
carrot in the mud

To Senior Flores.
For training my heart
To speak.
For poems.
For songs.
For something human.
Check me out.

To Maia.
To a hero.
My sister
and
most loyal fan

To boys with hungry mouths and loose zippers.
Because they never taste life,
And their zippers will eventually rust.

To Father,
For a legacy,
For pride,
For compassion,
For real masculinity,
For strength.
I’ll never cut my hair.
I’ll never say die.

Kanpai. (Cheers.)

3 Bumper Stickers:

sub_par said...

The bird shit makes me smile, and on this day in particular brings tears to my eyes.

I wish a bird would try and shit on me. Bitch bird.

Chi said...

Why so sad?

Anonymous said...

perceptive hop pendants [url=http://www.blingforfun.com]hip hop jewelry[/url],[url=http://www.blingforfun.com/pendants/cat_9.html]hip skip pendants[/url],informed short trip watches,[url=http://blingforfun.com/belts/cat_18.html]bling bling[/url] ,in skip,[url=http://blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]hip dance chains[/url],wise to caper bling,[url=http://blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]iced out like a light chains[/url],[url=http://www.blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]wholesale chains[/url]
hip skip jewelry

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari