Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chapter 32, Verse 1: The Ruins



A happy photo treat today Space Travelers! Om nom nom on these cool pics while I muse...

These are some select pictures from my trip to the Capitol Ruins in DC. Yes, the Capitol still stands, but if you (read: me) had not fallen asleep in history class so often you'd know that the Capitol was burnt down in the War of 1812. The rubble from the Capitol was moved to a hill in what is now Rock Creek Park. Deep in the park on an unassuming trail, you'll discover an odd site. Ornate pieces of limestone and marble covered in soft green moss and overgrown by plants.

It seemed like the perfect place for a photo date Space Travelers. It's this kind of thing which makes you fall in love with this city.

I've been going through a great deal of change lately. I feel like I'm in a very exciting and profound stage of
metamorphosis. It was nice to visit somewhere old and in ruin, and yet so beautiful. What ruins will remain of who I was?

3 Bumper Stickers:

Unknown said...

Who still wears tape prints ?

Unknown said...

And piercings ? And shit tattoo's ?

Chi said...

May I help you?

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari